GIFT CARD EXCHANGE
Effective Date: 20 January 2022
GCX Group Pty Ltd ABN 45 644 988 938 trading as Gift Card Exchange (“Gift Card Exchange”)
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use the Product and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as well as other applicable laws and codes.
“Company IP” includes, but is not limited to, the contents, layout design, colours, appearance, graphics and imagery of the Website and App, Content and Materials as well as all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and other intellectual property contained in the Product, Content and Materials.
“Content” means any content writing, images, audio-visual content or other information published on the Product.
“Items” means any and all of the Product, Goods, Content and Materials collectively.
“Materials” means any materials, information or documentation that we may provide to you in connection with your use of the Product including documentation, data, information developed by us or owned by us, and other materials which may assist in your use of the Goods or Product.
“Parties” means both you (the user of the Product) and us (the owner of the Product) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that e obtain form you in connection with your use of the Product.
“Product” means the Website and App, including all pages, all sub-pages, all blogs, all forums, all other connected pages and all other connected internet content whatsoever.
“Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website and App, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by us.
“Third Party Service Provider” means a third party, separate from us or our company but which provide services that assist us in serving you. This may include but is not restricted to web hosting, IT services security services, payment processing, deliveries, customer service order fulfilment or other services.
“Us”, “we”, “our” or “the owner” refers to Gift Card Exchange.
“Us”, “we”, “our” or “the owner” also includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of Gift Card Exchange.
“Website and App” means the website(s) and mobile device application(s) of Gift Card Exchange.
“You” or “your” refers to the user of the Website and App.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website and App, Content or Materials by you or by somebody authorised by you or doing so on your behalf.
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
3. TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
- When you use the Product, we may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences).
- In addition, we may collect information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a sign-up process or at other times while using the Product).
- In order to access some specific features of the Product, you are required to provide some Personal Information. During this process, we collect some of your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies you personally, except when you specifically volunteer that information to us when using specific Product features. These specific Product features might include, but are not limited to:
A. making purchases;
B. receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions;
C. receiving general emails from us; or
D. commenting on our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
II. In addition to any Personal Information that you are required to provide in order to access these additional Product features, in some cases you may be required to provide more specific information. For example, in order to make purchases, you may need to provide credit card information, billing information and postal addresses.
- We do not store your payment information.
- From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Product, Content or Materials. For example, we may ask you to answer some questions about your demographics, your shopping preferences, or your other preferences in relation to the Product.
- Cookies are small files stored on your computer or mobile device which collect information about your browsing behaviour.
- Cookies do not access information which is stored on your computer.
- Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to your needs and preferences, in order to improve your user experience.
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although you are able to change your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not you accept them. You may also be able to set your browser to advise you if you receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if you do this, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Product.
5. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information.
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure.
6. THIRD PARTIES
We may provide some of your Personal Information from time to time to Third Party Service Providers so that they can help us to:
- Serve you via the Product. In particular, we may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage);
- Fulfil orders in relation to the Product;
- Use payment systems and other financial institutions for the purpose of resolving disputes, errors or other matters arising out of your use of one or more of a variety of payment methods;
- Facilitate transaction investigation and to assist with identification of suspicious or fraudulent transactions;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements and others authorised or required by law; and
For your information, some of our Third Party Service Providers may be located outside Australia and may not be subject to Australian privacy laws.
7. RELATED ENTITIES
- We may share your Personal Information, including Personal Information that identifies you personally, with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
8. COMBINING INFORMATION
- We may combine, link or aggregate some of your Information in order to obtain a better understanding of your requirements. This may enable us to better design the Product and may also assist with our business or administration requirements.
- We may also share aggregated information with third parties, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any information that identifies you personally.
9. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We use your Personal Information to help us to improve your experience with our Product. We may use your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- Identifying you;
- Order fulfilment;
- Providing, managing or improving the Product and customer service to you;
- Marketing and advertising to you, including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about products that may interest you based on your personal preferences or demographics;
- Advising you about updates to the Product or related items;
- Processing payments, delivering orders, managing promotions, providing refunds and discounts, communicating with you including direct marketing, conducting product and market research, maintaining and updating our records, dealing with enquiries from you, and working with our service providers; and
- Protecting against fraud (or suspected fraud).
10. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT MAY INCLUDE
- Name and contact details;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Payment and transaction details and history;
- Records of your communications and interactions with us,
- Details and history of your preferences;
- Your interests and behaviours relating to transactions, products, services and activity with the Product and other possible services; and
- Such other information that is considered reasonably necessary.
We may need to collect personal information from a third party, e.g. from a payments platform where your transactions are processed and stored, otherwise it may not be possible to assist you. We may also collect information from other participants in the payments system and other financial institutions in order resolve disputes or errors.
11. MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
- Part of all of our business may be merged, restructured or sold including but not limited to through an ordinary sale of business or of stock, a corporate reorganisation, a change in control, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
- In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occurs as described in the preceding sub-clause hereof, we may transfer your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure or sale.
12. INFORMATION YOU RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that if you publish or submit Personal Information in publicly accessible sections of the Product (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then you are solely responsible for the release of that Personal Information and we are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of that Personal Information.
13. EMAIL OPT IN/OUT
If you receive an email from us in relation to the Product and would prefer not to receive such correspondence in the future, you may follow the instructions in the email to opt out of future correspondence. You may receive subsequent correspondence from us while your request is being handled.
14. ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles, you have the right to request access to any of your Personal Information which we are holding. We may charge you a reasonable fee for such access.
- You have the right to request that any of your Personal Information, which we are holding, be updated or corrected.
15. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We are constantly developing and enhancing our use of online technologies and make reasonable efforts to ensure we keep this privacy statement and related documents up to date in this regard. Please check back when you return to use our online services to ensure you are familiar with our current practices.
- We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time and, should this occur, the amendment will be posted on the Website and App.
- If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your Personal Information (including if you think we have breached the Privacy Act) you may do so by contacting us at [email protected]
- If a complaint is made, please include contact details such as email address, name, address and telephone number and clearly describe the complaint. We will investigate the complaint and respond promptly. If you consider that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
17. CONTACT US
For further information about our Privacy Policies or practices, please contact us at [email protected] or:
GCX Group Pty Ltd, trading as Gift Card Exchange
Company Registration Details:
ACN: 644 988 938
ABN: 45 644 988 938
P.O. Box 323, SANDRINGHAM VIC 3191
Main Office Number:
+61 (0)3 8397 7277 | [email protected]
Customer Support Number:
+61 (0)3 8397 7277 | [email protected]